LEVAS Fishery Rules
The rules below are specific to the particular fisheries as stated.
Grange Pond Rules
- Members MUST park their vehicles in the specified parking area .NO PARKING OUTSIDE THE GATE. Upon entry and exit the gate MUST be locked.
- FISHING RESTRICTED TO DAYLIGHT HOURS ONLY (If you need artificial light you SHOULD NOT BE THERE). Always check website (www.levas.co.uk) and notice boards for more specific information.
- Fishing is allowed from the platforms ONLY. A member MUST sit to fish on a platform and NOT on the ground behind.
- Junior members UNDER the age of 12 MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult member. Junior members may sit alone on a platform but the responsible adult member must fish from one of the platforms immediately on either side. Safety is the priority so If this is not possible the adult MUST sit immediately behind the Junior member with, at least, his/her feet on the platform. Both adult and junior may fish if they wish. Adult members bringing a junior member to fish are encouraged to use pegs 5 or 6 both of which have bigger platforms. However, these are designated wheelchair friendly pegs so any member in a wheelchair will always have priority. NB The adult member will always take responsibility.
- (a) Members my fish as far as half the distance between their chosen peg and the next peg on either side. Similarly members may only fish as far as half way to the opposite bank. Members MUST restrict their activities to these boundaries . A member must NOT allow his/her tackle, bait, ground-bait or other feed to intrude into a neighbour’s swim.
- Casting to the MAIN island is allowed from pegs 22, 27 and 28 ONLY.
- Use of mobile phones MUST be kept to an absolute minimum
- Cycling around the Pond is STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- BARBLESS hooks ONLY are permitted. Maximum size 10 ……
- Use of keepnets…Between 1st November and 30th April(inclusive), members will be allowed to use a keepnet which complies with Environment Agency regulations to retain silver fish ONLY up to 2pounds in weight. When not fishing in a Society match. This will be for a MAXIMUM of 5 hours . In Society matches members will retain silver fish and carp separately. The fish in each keepnet MUST be weighed separately (50 lb limit per net). Keepnets and landing nets MUST be dry on arrival at the Pond and stretched out on the bank until fishing commences. The use of ALL keepnets and landing nets MUST be strictly in accordance with CHECK CLEAN DRY protocols . Bailiffs will check and rigidly enforce these rules
- Maximum size of leger weights to be used is 1 ounce.….
- NO BRAID to be used
- Maximum line strength permitted is 12lbs….
- Members will be restricted to the use of ONE ROD ONLY AT ALL TIMES
Bailiffs will check and rigidly enforce these rules.
- The use of any floating (surface) baits is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- The use of boilies and nuts is restricted to hook baits and hair rigs ONLY. The feeding of boilies and nuts of any kind is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Live-baiting is strictly prohibited
- Dead baits MUST be sea fish ONLY
- Spodding is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
Erewash Canal Rules
- Fishing is only permitted from permanently marked pegs.
- Live baiting on Society canal fisheries is strictly prohibited.
- (a)Junior members UNDER the age of 12 MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult member at the same peg.
(b) Junior members OVER 12 but UNDER 15 may fish at a peg alone but the responsible adult member MUST fish from one of the pegs IMMEDIATELY on either side.
NB The adult member will always take full responsibility.
River Fishery Rules
- Cars must not be taken into fields.
- Anglers fishing Colwick MUST NOT take their vehicles into Colwick Park. Members who park at Cottage Meadows must ensure that resident's driveways are kept clear at all times.
- (a)Junior members UNDER the age of 12 MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult member at the same peg. (b) Junior members OVER 12 but UNDER 15 may fish at a peg alone but the responsible adult member MUST fish from one of the pegs IMMEDIATELY on either side.
NB The adult member will always take full responsibility
PLEASE TREAT YOUR BAILIFFS WITH RESPECT AT ALL TIMES. THEY ARE THERE TO ENSURE THAT ALL MEMBERS ADHERE TO THE RULES BUT ALSO TO HELP AND ADVISE YOU.
LEVAS may alter or change any of these rules should the need arise.
Last updated April 2023