- Members shall not use any equipment prohibited under local by-laws. Fishing to be with rod, pole and line only.
- No Member shall use more than two rods at any one time (except in accordance with specific fishery rules stated below). These rods must be within two metres of each other in the same swim.
- Members must not leave a rod with a baited hook in the water unattended.
- All members must be in possession of a landing net. Anyone found using tackle considered as detrimental to fish may be asked to cease fishing and may be reported to the Committee.
- No fish must be transferred to or from Society waters without the express permission of the full Committee or Quorum, and then only when local by-laws are applied. (Anyone caught or suspected of breaking this rule will be dealt with severely.)
- All members are asked to behave sensibly at the waterside and have due regard for all other anglers. Anyone causing a nuisance will be asked to leave by the bailiff.
- All litter including discarded hooks, nylon and shot must be removed from the swim before leaving. Any member not doing so will be dealt with severely.
- Members must not take a dog and/or a gun when fishing.
- Members must not erect tents, camp, light fires, damage fences, gates or dig banks etc., but shall do all in their power to protect the property of the owners of the fishery and the Society.
- The use of bloodworm and joker is allowed on Society canal fisheries ONLY between 1st October and 31st March
- Fishing for pike on Society waters is ONLY allowed between 1st September and 14th March.
- Members may retain 10 fish, up to but not exceeding 6 ounces in weight, for immediate use as live bait. These fish must be caught from the water in which they are to be used.
- Live baiting on Society canal fisheries is strictly prohibited.
- In order to help prevent the spread of fish disease etc Members MUST ensure that before fishing Society waters ALL nets, unhooking mats, weigh slings etc are thoroughly dry.
REMEMBER: CHECK CLEAN DRY
- Where private locked access is restricted to Society members only, full members may purchase a key from the Membership Secretary for a non-refundable fee. The key is forfeit on termination of membership and should be returned, or confiscated.
The Society reserves the right to amend or change the above rules at any time.
(Last updated April 2022)