1. The Society shall be called the Long Eaton Victoria Angling Society, and its object shall be to promote the art of angling and encourage fellowship amongst anglers.
2. Full junior members must be under 17 years of age on the 1 st May. Membership entitles you to fish between 1 May and 30 April following, which is the membership year.
3. Members should carry their membership cards at all times when fishing Society waters and will produce them if required to do so. Anyone fishing Members' Only water not in possession of the current Membership Book will be asked to leave.
4. All members fishing Society waters will be in possession of a current Environment Agency rod licence if over the age of 11 years.
5. Junior members are not allowed to fish at night unless accompanied by a responsible adult. (Night fishing on Society waters (where allowed) is available to Full Members only)
6. Fishing to be with rod and line only. (Members shall not use any equipment prohibited under local by-laws.)
7. No Members shall use more than two rods at any one time (except in accordance with specific fishery rules stated below). These rods must be within two metres of each other in the same swim.
8. Members must not leave a rod with a baited hook in the water unattended.
9. All members must be in possession of a landing net. Anyone found using tackle considered as detrimental to fish may be asked to cease fishing and may be reported to the Committee.
10. No fish must be transferred to or from Society waters without the express permission of the full Committee or Quorum, and then only when local by-laws are applied. (Anyone caught or suspected of breaking this rule will be dealt with severely.)
11. All members are asked to behave sensibly at the waterside and have due regard for all other anglers. Anyone causing a nuisance will be asked to leave by the bailiff.
12. All litter including discarded hooks, nylon and shot must be removed from the swim before leaving. Any member not doing so will be dealt with severely.
13. Members must not take a dog and/or a gun when fishing.
14. Members must not erect tents, camp, light fires, damage fences, gates or dig banks etc., but shall do all in their power to protect the property of the owners of the fishery and the Society.
15. The use of bloodworm and joker is prohibited on all Society waters (except on the Erewash Canal when it is permitted from 1 November to 31 March).
16. Fishing for pike on Society waters is ONLY allowed between September 1st and March 14th Inclusively.
17. At Fletchers Pond, fishing is restricted only to those holding a current Fletchers Pond Permit, which must be carried at all times when fishing. When fishing, Junior Permit holders must be supervised at all times by a responsible Permit holding adult member, who will explain other fishery rules.
18. On the Erewash Canal fishing is only permitted from permanently marked pegs. Live-baiting on Society canal fisheries is strictly forbidden at all times.
19. At Grange Pond, no fishing allowed between dusk and dawn. Fishing only permitted from permanent pegged swims, with no fishing between pegs. BARBLESS hooks smaller than size 10 only are permitted. Use of keep nets prohibited except in matches.
The LEVAS Committee have the right to add to or amend these rules at any time should it prove necessary to do so.
These rules were last updated and were correct as of April 2018